Sisters of Charity Federation Archives

Louise Le Gras Hall

Item

LeGras Hall_97.tif
LeGrasHall_57.tif

Dublin Core

Title

Louise Le Gras Hall

Subject

Administration building
Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York

Description

Louise LeGras Hall, is the administrative center for the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York, Mount Saint Vincent, Bronx, New York. Named after St. Louise de Marillac (August 12, 1591-March 15, 1660), the building was renovated to accommodate three floors of office and meeting space for the Community's Leadership and staff. The building housed St. Vincent's Free School from 1876-1911, primarily funded through a legacy from a former pupil of the Academy of Mount Saint Vincent, also on the Bronx campus. After this time, building was used by the College of Mount Saint Vincent as an auditorium and library, and also Elizabeth Seton School. The former Motherhouse building became Founder's Hall, primarily used for College activities and in 1971, the administration for the Community moved to LeGras Hall.

Creator

Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York

Source

Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York

Publisher

Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York

Date

2022

Contributor

N/A

Relation

N/A

Type

Still image

Identifier

LeGrasHall _
LeGrasHall_

Coverage

Mount Saint Vincent (New York)

Citation

Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York, “Louise Le Gras Hall,” Sisters of Charity Federation Archives, accessed April 24, 2024, https://scfederationarchives.org/items/show/154.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Document Viewer

Click below to view a document.

Geolocation